The Nu Class was represented at a vendor booth located at Lake Eola for the Gay Pride Celebration on October 10, 2015. Members of the Nu Class, PFLAG, and The Other Sheep from First United Methodist Church of Orlando provided information about our offerings and facilities to interested celebration attenders from noon – 8 PM.
Organized by Come Out With Pride, Inc., this event has become one of the largest Pride festivals in Florida. This year over 160,000 attendees are expected. The variety of vendors, entertainment offerings, Disney Kids Zone, parade, fireworks, food, and beverage choices caters to the diverse audience that makes up our wonderful community.
- To produce an annual pride event that fosters a sense of community, encourages LGBTQ+ citizens to live openly and with pride, and educates the general public of our shared cultural heritage.
- To encourage fellowship and support among participating businesses, professionals, individuals, and charitable pursuits in the LGBTQ+ and allied communities.
- To oppose prejudice in society at large and within the LGBTQ+ and allied communities on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity.
- To foster communication, tolerance, and mutual support among LGBTQ+ persons and the allied communities.
- To provide positive role models in the LGBTQ+ and allied communities.
- To provide financial support to other LGBTQ+ oriented non-profit organizations in the local area through the making of grants made possible by the proceeds from each year’s event.